37. Final Fee Circular
Pawar Public School, HaDAPSAR, Pune.
Ref: Sch/Academics/37/2020-21 18th March, 2021
We wish to inform you of the following:
Our Management is fully aware that education is the most important tool of the society and therefore the school had started online classes from 15th April, 2020 in spite of the fact that it was not mandatory for the schools to impart online education. Had we not conducted online education, then our children would have experienced academic discontinuity which would hamper their performance and progress at school.
- You will appreciate that our teachers have trained themselves in imparting online classes, preparation of various education tools and uploading tools such as video, worksheets etc.
- The State Government had issued a GR dated 8.5.2020 and directed the schools to charge the same fees of 2019-20 during the academic year 2020-21 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- In view of the above [point 3], the fees was rolled back and the same fees of 2019-20 was levied in 2020-21.
- The Members of the Unaided Schools’ Forum had filed a Writ Petition No.4070 of 2020 in the Hon’ble Bombay High Court.
- The Hon’ble Bombay High Court had already stayed the aforesaid GR dated 8.5.2020 vide its Order dated 26.6.2020.
- The Hon’ble Bombay High Court has recently passed an Order dated 1.3.2021 and disposed off all the Writ Petition with the following directions:
- GR dated 8.5.2020 is prospective in nature.
- Schools who have fixed their fees before 8.5.2020 are not affected by the GR. Schools can charge fees as fixed by the school after following the due process of law.
- There is no direction by the High Court that parents should not pay the school fees. There is also no direction that parents should only pay Tuition fees or Term fees etc. Accordingly, parents are under obligation to pay the full fee as determined by the School Management. There is no direction to refund any fees.
You will appreciate that the Order of Hon’ble Bombay High Court is very candid and there is no ambiguity regarding charging of the fees by the school and the payment of the fees by the parents.
You are, therefore, requested to clear the outstanding fees for the academic year 2019-20 if any, by 25th March, 2021 and the outstanding fees for the academic year 2020-21 as early as possible as opening of the next academic year is fast approaching. As a goodwill gesture, the Management is permitting parents who have not yet paid the fees to do so in three equal instalments beginning March 2021 and ending May 2021.
It is a special request to those parents whose children have not attended the online classes at all or partly attended to contact our Principal / HM of the respective section on or before 22nd March, 2021 to take appropriate measures for such children.
We also request you not to get unduly influenced by rumours and negative propaganda / misinformation that may be circulated by few parents / activists and NGO’s having vested interests. These elements are misinterpreting the Judgement of the Hon’ble Bombay High Court to serve their own interests and purpose. Such activities will only serve to hamper the education of our children.
We look forward to your support and cooperation as always.
Mr. Devendra Kumar